Last year as my 36th Birthday rolled around, I realised that I would be turning the big 4-0 in 4 years time, and I realised that now was a good a time as any to start doing all the things I dreamed of doing! And along the way find new things that I never ever dreamed I would do.
After having just returned from Egypt this weekend and with the end of 2016 in sight and now less than 35 months to go, I decided to take stock and see if I am at least a quarter of the way to achieving this list.
I was pleased to see that some big ticket items can be ticked off, but am still anxious about a few of them, some are really tough, and so next year I am going to have to work hard in the hope that the ones I leave till last will be easy and lots of fun!
I would strongly encourage everyone to start a list, largely because it allows you to take stock of your life, you start to focus on the things that matter most and it challenges one out of their comfort zone!
- See the Northern Lights (Finland 2015). (I also rode a snowmobile for the first time!).
2. Get a family pet – April 2016 (In this case we got two – Emma and Ella).
3. Venture to the Victoria Falls – April 2016 (and I was lucky to also viist Zambia, Zimbabwe and Botswana for the first time too!). Still need to see the Big Five in the wild though – leopards are proving to be very elusive!
4. Be debt free – August 2016. This is not the most glamorous thing but I figured my Bucket List should include all facets of life, and so it has Financial Goals too.
5. Swim with Dolphins – Mauritus August 2016
7. Take a class I’ve always wanted to – Photography Lessons September 2016
8. Treat myself to an expensive accessory. In this case, Liam had the go ahead to buy me a really, really nice watch for my 37th Birthday.
9. View thw works of Van Gogh – Amsterdam September 2016 (and had the added advantage of discovering Amsterdam, my new favourite city!).
9. Gaze at the Great Pyramid of Giza – Cairo, Egypt December 2016
10. Ride a Camel – December 2016 (I’d never really thought about doing this, but it pops up on ever to-do-list so I just had to!).