I am not a skier. Maybe one day I will take it seriously and do lessons again but for now I am happy to simply go sledding. Last year, I did quite a bit of sledding with the girls in Andermatt, and this year for the first time: Nightsledding. I would totally recommend it to any one, eventhough I did manage to fall off my sled and slide down the slope head first – it was just too icy when we went.
Here are a few tips:
- We went to sled down Nätschen but check out the website for other runs too.
- We took the last train from Andermatt train station (18h28) and it’s first stop is Nätschen. Don’t forget you need a ticket for the train, but if you already have a ski pass then you don’t.
- We hired our sleds (wooden ones for us and the plastic “bob” ones for the girls) from Alpina Sport AG. Great service!
- You also have to have helmets and a head torch. These you can also hire there, but we had our own.
- Last but not least, check out the weather to make sure you dress warm enough – and if the snow is super icy, possibly try for another day – or at least that is what my bruised shoulder is recommending!