Over the next few days we will be sharing some perfect recipes for Easter celebrations – yum!
MAKES approx 20
INGREDIENTS 300g / 2 cups self raising flour
30g / ¼ good quality cocoa
55g / ¼ cup castor sugar
150g smooth ricotta cheese or cream cheese
375ml / 1 ½ cups milk
1. Sift the flour and cocoa together into a bowl.
2. Whisk in the ricotta cheese, milk and eggs to make a smooth batter. Do not over mix or the mixture will become tough.
3. Heat a non stick pan on the stove, brush with a little oil and fry tablespoonfuls of the batter, 2 – 3 at a time, allowing space for spreading.
4. Remove and using a egg shape cookie cutter cut out “eggs” dust with icing sugar
5. Serve with fresh fruit and syrup