It has been a few years since we have had Easter at home, so it was nice to invite friends over and have a long lazy Sunday lunch. I had hoped it would be sunny and we could spend the day outdoors but it was rainy but at least everything felt “springy” inside with the tulips, bunnies and carrots.
CUTE NEW EASTER IDEAS I tried out for the first time included:
- Recipes from my Jerusalem cook book like Harissa Lamb, hummus, tahini, cucumber, tomato and onion salsa and baba ganoush.
- We went shopping at the Turkish store in Cham and found great grocery goodies like proper durum wraps and fresh baklava.
- My new Royal Copenhagen salad bowl (with the yummiest cauliflower salad ever – will share the recipe soon from my friend Sharon) and side plates were broken in.
- Cute carrot favour boxes I picked up at Depot were a huge hit! And I found edible sugar grass for mini Easter egg baskets.
- Real carrots complete with leaves were fashioned into a garland and leftovers popped into a ceramic bunny jug arrangement.