Our house in Cape Town and it’s interior is now 90% done, I guess I will never say it is s 100% as I love tweaking things and changing things all the time. My friend, Mimi recently asked to see ictures of our Dining Room as she had seen one or two and was also tempted to make her walls blue. Here are some of the details and photos I shared:
THINGS I LOVE: 1. The all white ceilings and the royal blue walls. (this paint was from Dulux, I can’t remember the colour, I will see if I can find out what it is…) But by far the best decision we made for the room!
2. The window shaped mirrors. (These were from @home but Coricraft also had some natural wooden ones too).
3. The Hartman and Keppler furniture of course. (They often have sales, so subscribe to their newsletter and if you did need something extra (sideboard/drawers) you can end up getting 20% or more off. I ended up getting a stunning coffee table and sofa table and side table all on sale earlier this year.
4. The artwork itself is not special at all. And so we are on the lookout for originals, but I think in the interim the fact that we have art on the walls finishes off the room rather than having empty walls.
THINGS I WOULD CHANGE:
1. I would say get the biggest rug you can find! This one unfortunately is too small as when you pull out the chairs they catch on the end. So get the biggest one you can get.
2. Our ceiling can’t support a light fitting, but having one would definitely make the room.
3. I would have plants to fill in one or two of the gaps by the bookcases. But as we aren’t there all the time, I can’t have live plants, and fake would look worse.
(The only thing that has changed from these photos taken last year is that doors now have American Shutters and there are curtains as well = This has really completed the room.)