I have been making omelettes for years, but only this past month have I worked out how to make the perfect one. Here are my tips:
1. Place a little bit of oil in a small frying pan (you definitely want it to be a small/medium pan).
2. Crack two eggs and beat (do not add milk).
3. Pour the eggs into the pan, and make sure the pan is on medium heat (our stove goes up to 9, so I have it on 6).
4. And now for the secret, place a lid on top.
5. Then simply watch how the slow heat and the steam cooks both the bottom and top perfectly.
6. Add in your toppings. I like to simply place spinach on top and place the lid back on the pan so that the steam wilts it.
7. Add seasoning and serve (it simply slips out the pan)