One of the easiest salads I know and that just about everyone enjoys is the Italian Burrata Salad. It is especially great for the summer as it is best served chilled and ideally prepare ahead of time so the seasoning flavours the tomatoes and cheese.
1. Slice the tomatoes. I sometimes use standard size tomatoes and then othertimes cherry ones. Mostly you just want to make sure you use the ripest you can find. It is also a great idea to buy all different coloured ones too.
2. Slice the burrata. (Did you know some is made from buffalo’s milk? Liam didn’t believe me!)
3. Arrange the tomato slices and burrata in a serving bowl.
4. Scatter sliced basil and whole basil leaves around. (I also often use leftover basil pesto if I have too as then you already have the olive oil).
5. Drizzle over olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
6. Drizzle over balsamic vinegar (optional – my girls don’t really like the flavour and I find I also prefer it without as you can then taste the delicate flavour of the cheese better).