A deliciously moist, and almost healthy, cake with pineapple, banana and toasted coconut.
440g can crushed pineapple in syrup
1 cup (150g) wholewheat flour
½ cup (75g) self raising flour
½ tspn ground cinnamon
½ tspn ground ginger
1 cup (220g) light brown sugar
½ cup (45g) desiccated coconut, toasted
1 cup mashed banana
2 eggs, beaten
¾ cup (180ml) oil
Cream Cheese Icing:
100g butter, at room temperature
150g cream cheese, softened
1 ½ cups (240g) icing sugar, sifted
Chocolate dipped pretzel “twigs”
Shaved toasted Coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease a Bundt tin.
2. Drain the pineapple and reserve the 60 ml of the syrup, set aside.
3. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl, add the sugar, stir and using a wooden spoon stir in the crushed pineapple, reserved syrup, coconut, banana, egg and oil, pour into the prepared tin.
4. Bake the cake for 40-50 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Stand cake in tin to cool before turning out onto a wire rack.
5. To make the icing: beat the butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy, gradually add the icing sugar.
6. Spread cream cheese icing on the top of the cake and decorate with pretzel twigs and shaved coconut.