One of my 2018 New Years Resolutions was to improve my health especially as in 2019 I am turning 40 and I have been largely ignoring it. In some areas I did make good strides but the one area: loosing weight I had really hoped to do well in, but I stayed pretty much stagnant. So yes, you can be sure that 2019 will have this as New Years Resolution too; but I am going to be thinking of new ways to actually make it happen this year.
Here are some things that I did do successfully and not so successfully, and I hope it inspires you to prioritise your health and well-being too:
2018 HEALTH, BEAUTY & WELL-BEING RESULTS
- I had my eyes routinely checked and thankfully I did as I had a small tear on my retina, which now after eye laser treatment will result in no problems, but if I didn’t it could have got worse and resulted in loss of eyesight!
- After too many years of not having a Gyni check up, I went, and I am glad I did as I had some minor internal issues that were all resolved quickly.
- I scheduled and went to my dentist every 6 months and have already scheduled my 2019 appointments.
- I continued to do Pilates twice a week.
- I took up tennis lessons, and am loving it!
- I made a point of visiting the hairdresser and whilst I didn’t go as regularly as I should, there were definitely some days in 2018 that were such “Good Hair Days”.
- Spoiled myself and had my makeup and nails professionally done one afternoon, and it felt great!
- In October, I visited a dietician, committed to a weight loss programme and so far took two steps forward and one step back. So hoping I can make a little progress over the holiday season and huge strides in the New Year.
- Started taking daily vitamins specifically designed for me.
- I went for a massage thinking this would be the best thing I ever did, instead I was sore and miserable for two days after. So definitely not planning this again.
- I bought a fancy outfit for Liam’s party next year, and it looks awful. So back to square one.
- I was hoping to put together a good morning and evening routine. I wake up earlier but often stay up too late. So need to make the times more set and structured.
2019 12 HEALTH, BEAUTY & WELL-BEING GOALS
- Continue with my Pilates twice a week. Add HIPP or TRX to the schedule.
- Continue with my weekly Tennis lessons. Take up skiing again. See where you can fit in some walking, even just 30 minutes on the days you don’t do anything else.
- Make Good Hair days a thing.
- Establish an Invigorating Skin-Care Routine. Plan for more “makeup days”; and get into the habit of wearing makeup daily.
- Be religious about taking my vitamins daily. And drink ALL the water!
- Loose the Weight. Cut back on sugar and cook healthy meals at home.
- For Lent 2019 be a Pescatarian. Take Meatless Mondays seriously. And add more greens on my plate at every meal.
- Put together a fancy wardrobe from head to toe for Liam’s Birthday Weekend in February 2019.
- Find a “Work Week” uniform that doesn’t have me looking like I just rolled out of bed.
- Start building a full proof one week travel bag of clothes, accessories, toiletries, everything that makes it easy for you to travel anywhere.
- Wake up 15 minutes early to have a better morning routine, wake up the same time everyday and and go to sleep the same time every day.
- Carve out some time to jot down your thoughts, things to do etc. Start a formal prayer and gratitude journal. Look into the practices of Hygge and Bullet Journalling. And revisit your Ikigai book for some of the ideas you liked from there: aka the mini garden.
P.S. When doing this blog post I battled to find a photo of myself to include with the writing and so I opted for an illustration I had done this year for my For Good Times website. So, another goal will be to have at least 12 photos of myself in 2019 that I am happy to be in and share. Afterall, I better have some shots of myself in my 40th year!