YAY! Here is our meringue recipe – just the thing to make for “clouds” at the Up, Up and Away party.
6 large Egg Whites at room temperature
2 cups Castor Sugar
1. In a clean dry bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peak stage approx 2 -3 minutes.
2. Very slowly with the beater running add the castor sugar 2 tablespoons at a time continue beating and adding sugar until the mixture is firm and glossy approx 8 – 10 minutes, be careful not to over whisk when the mixture has reached the glossy stage.
3. Preheat oven to 150oC
4. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and spray with non stick spray.
5. Using a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle, pipe 5 little dots close together to form a cloud shape.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15- 20 minutes.
7. Switch off oven and allow to cool
8. Will keep in an airtight container for 2 weeks.