Looking for more recipes of easy to do party food. Here is a great make ahead item which can be prepared and stored frozen until the day of the party and popped in the oven for 20 minutes before you need it.
MAKES approximately 12
1 x 375g roll puff pastry, defrosted
4- 6 tablespoons olive tapenade or plain tomato pasta sauce
10 slices salami, wafer thin
10 slices prosciutto
100g mature cheddar, grated
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 200oC.
2. Unroll pastry onto a lightly floured surface and gently roll with a rolling pin to even it out.
3. Spread the pastry with the tapenade or pasta sauce, arrange the salami and prosciutto over the pastry and sprinkle with the cheese.
4. Starting at the short end roll the pastry into a log as tightly as possible, wrap in cling film and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes (no longer or it will crack when slicing)
5. Remove cling film and slice into rounds approx ‘pinkie” finger width, or 12 equal slices. If preparing ahead lay out in a single layer on a baking tray, cover and freeze.
6. To cook, brush lightly with beaten egg and bake for 12- 15 minutes until puffed and golden brown. If cooking from frozen allow 15- 20 minutes.
7. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving or they will be too hot to handle.
8. Serve with extra paper serviettes.